All over the road - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All over the road

I have a 2014 and it constantly goes left or right when I hit a bump, and the alignment seems off regularly. I just had an alignment done and they assure me that all is well. I think that it may be the sway bar but would love some thoughts on this. It concerns me from a safety standpoint. Thanks!
post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2017, 10:46 PM

do you have different size tires on?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-05-2018, 09:42 PM

I have a 2015 qx50 we bought used with only 10k miles on it, has bridgestone turanza el42 p245/45r19 I have to same issue dealer says everything is normal and looks good. I drove a similar one from the dealer with less worn tires same issue. I suspect that the car has a more agressive tires or steering more sport inspired than luxury. Would be interested if anyone change tires and get different results.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-05-2020, 10:30 AM

Garage
I too have have the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL42 P245/45R 19 tires . . .

Not a fan at all of these " TOO NARROW " tires . . .

The slightest " road grooves " gives a feedback to the steering wheel that hardly inspires confidence and sure handling . . .

With just 12,500 miles on my '16 QX50, it hardly warrants swapping out theses tires as there's plenty of tread left, and any decent tire swap will be about a $600 to $800 expense . . .

Curious if others here who have " upgraded " or changes tires can provide input on the matter . . .

Often times the OEM Tires are what the Manufacturer was able to get priced low in bulk quantity, despite the fact that it might not be properly suited to vehicle.

LQQKS like LQQX50 here needs more wheel time in the QX50 to wear those skinny Bridgestone Turanzas down and replace with a wider better handling tire when the time comes.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-18-2020, 10:25 AM

I had the same experience with 19 inch rims, and my son has the same with 19 inch rims on his Honda Accord! I switched to 17" rims for winter, and there is no more squirrelly feel at all, so for next summer I would move to 17s or perhaps 18s.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page