1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-16-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Acceleration on 2016 qx50

Hey guys,

I am looking at a 2016 qx50 and I was test driving both cars at the dealership with one owners, no damage and regular checkups. I noticed that at first it is slow picking up on speed when it’s at 3-4K rpm, but once it’s over 34-40, it runs and gives a great kick after that. I was wondering if it’s common among Infiniti engines, or is there something wrong with it? With a 3.7 l and 325 hp, it shouldn’t be a problem taking off but what do I know? Both vehicles do it. Help please!
post #2 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 12:16 PM

There seems to be something wrong with the cars. I own a '09 EX37 (the name changed to QX50 in 2014 or so) with that motor. Of course it is a rpm-machine, but it starts VERY quick from the stand and accellerates very fast. This was the reason for me , to buy that car (used) after 12 Lexus (I wanted a higher seat position). Friends of me own a 2014 QX50, also no complaints at all.
Here in Germany we are allowed to drive fast on many (not all) our Autobahns. When I drive with 150 km/h , the motor only has a rpm of about 2700 / min, when I press the pedal only partly from this speed to become faster , the car accelerates very powerful.

Try another one ! The car is really good and the fun of driving ist is high. Here in G. are existing of this model with this engine maybe 50 only, most have a diesel engine, but also those are extremely rare.

RodLex
post #3 of 11 Old 05-01-2019, 08:08 PM

RWD or AWD?

Hi - you didn't mention if the QX50s you drove were rear wheel drive or all wheel drive. The RWD model is quicker off the line than the AWD, but the AWD is just as fast once rolling, and holds the road like glue (for a sport utility). You also get a bit more ride height in the AWD, which can be nice if you drive in traffic a lot.

If the vehicles you drove were AWD, you might want to try a RWD for comparison.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM

I just bought a 2016 Q50 2 weeks ago. Never had Nissan before. Yes i felt the same acceleration issue. I was told that it takes time to get used to it. Actually true. 2 weeks after driving I don't feel it as much.Except for some storage needs its a nice powerful vehicle. Thanks.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 AM

I bought a 2016 QX50 AWD a little over a year ago through a guy at the auto auction. I actually wasn't looking for another Infiniti because the last two cars I owned had been Inifinitis (a 2012 G37 Sport Sedan and a 2003 FX35 Sport). But this QX50 only had 5,500 miles and I did love both of my Infinitis (especially the G37 Sport that my wife now drives - it is a crazy fast, nimble and comfortable), so I bought it at a great price. If you've ever bought at a big dealer auction like this, one thing to know is that you can sit in the car, start it, inspect it etc. but you are not able to actually test drive it. So I had never driven a QX50 before, but thought it was no big deal because it's basically the same engine and underpinnings as my G37. But just like you said, when I first drove it, I could not believe how much slower the QX50 felt than my G37. I know both engines have approximately the same power and torque. The QX is around 300 pounds heavier than my G so that is part of it. The only thing I can think of is it is in the gearing or shift points between the two cars. It is a pretty dramatic difference. But I will confirm that the AWD is a beast in the corners, especially when conditions are a little damp.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-07-2019, 12:14 PM

What I wrote in my Post # 2 means an AWD Car. Hier in Germany we did not have the RWD at all, only AWD.

RodLex
post #7 of 11 Old 05-22-2019, 11:09 PM

QX50 acceleration

I just bought a '16 QX50 and that was the first thing I noticed was the acceleration. I was looking for something w/ a 3rd row and test drove a '16 Pathfinder and a '16 QX60. I saw the QX50 and was like "i GOTTA test it out" w/ no real intentions on getting it - then I told them to wrap it up!!

But I noticed the acceleration first thing. Once you get the revs up it's fast!! But the start off was slightly off-putting.

All in all I love the car. Was thinking about a power-boost mod and maybe a sound upgrade (the bass in my '11 Murano factory system sounds much better)........
post #8 of 11 Old 09-25-2019, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2019 QX50 is Junk stay away. It has the 4cyl turbo....what a dog, my 3yr old granddaughter has more acceleration on a trike.
Also the auto steer does not work, will steer you out of lane. Car spent a week in shop and they say it is fine. Got it back took it out and within 3 miles off the road.They wont do anything
post #9 of 11 Old 09-26-2019, 11:54 AM

The acceleration in the 2019 QX50 decent, but it's most definitely not a sports car. Considering it misses on the EPA MPG claims badly. (21.xMPG combined) The 2019 QX50 should have been built with a v6 and an extra 50-75HP IMO..
post #10 of 11 Old 10-05-2019, 10:53 PM

V6 vs turbo 4 cyl

I recently had a loaner 2019 QX50 from the dealer while my '16 QX50 was in for service. Immediately noticed the lack of "oomph" off the line, and the floating feel of the new QX50. After 4 days in the '19 I was glad to have my V6 '16 back.

Other than the plethora of new electronic gizmos in the newer vehicle to keep me busy, I'd have been sorely disappointed in the turbo 4 cylinder's torque.
stepkau likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page