Streaming audio from an Android phone - Infiniti QX50 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-18-2015, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Streaming audio from an Android phone

Hello. I just got my new QX50, 2015, none navigation model and I'm wondering how can I stream muisc from my Andtoid phone. I tried the USB port without any luck. Appreciate any tip.
post #2 of 6 Old 09-24-2016, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimfilm View Post
Hello. I just got my new QX50, 2015, none navigation model and I'm wondering how can I stream muisc from my Andtoid phone. I tried the USB port without any luck. Appreciate any tip.
Mine is a 2016 QX50 and I used Bluetooth. But the volume is low. I had better luck using a memory stick with music on it through the USB port in the console.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2016, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use bluetooth, but I don't have any issue with the volume.... CAn put myself deaf before I reach mac output.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this is a really old post, but just bought a 2017 QX50 non-Nav and found out after the fact that you can't stream Bluetooth audio on non-Nav models (currently reaming the dealer about this not being mentioned after me talking with them for 10 minutes on how I love my bluetooth radio in my old car and can't live without that functionality). Outside of anything the dealer may do for me (I doubt nothing) I did find this new nifty little cable called a WireLinq made by GromAudio. It plugs into your Andriod phone through USB and then plugs into the USB port in the car, and tricks the audio system into thinking it's an iPod attached and uses the iPod interface functionality on your Android phone. I'm assuming after 2.5 years you've figured something out for your needs, but just mentioning it here in case anyone else runs into the same issues I am :-/
post #5 of 6 Old 01-06-2019, 10:35 PM

Biggz1313

Thanks for sharing. I am looking at buying an 2016 qx50 with no navi however am an iphone user. Are you aware of any workarounds for iphone users? I didn't see anything on Wirelinq site for iphone
post #6 of 6 Old 09-16-2020, 04:24 PM

Same, QX50 2015 not reading Android via USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimfilm View Post
I use my iPhone and it goes well, but Today I tried with a back phone I have for travel and it's an Android (LG G2) but couldn't connect. Did someone find out why, or did I miss something on the Internet, lol

Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page